7 months into my new role as a stay-at-home mom and I am still not at peace with myself. I think I have fared pretty well at being a mom but what if I fail at everything else?
So much of how I feel and what I am experiencing articulated here: 9 things I wish I’d known before I became a stay-at-home mom.
- Confidence took a big hit. Checked.
- World shrunk. Checked.
- Cringe when asked, “So what do you do?”. Checked.
- Not setting the best example for my kid. Checked.
- Exhausted from staying at home with a young child. Checked, and for me it’s more a mental state than a physical one.
- Envious of women who had found their own work/life balance. Checked.
- Forever damaged my financial future. Checked, checked, and checked. This one pains me real deep.
- I love the time spent with Olive and I am extremely grateful for it but I fear that I am actually regretting leaving the workforce, like I expected I would.
- Everything has its price. Me being a SAHM is proving to be too costly.
So what next? What do I do moving forward? How can I find myself again? Not the mom-me but the me-me. How can I find the unbearable lightness of being when I feel like a huge rock is weighing down on me?
Note to self: Just gotta work it.